A continual improvement process (CIP), according to Wikipedia, “is an ongoing effort to improve products, services, or processes.” While this is the goal for any manufacturing company, many leaders in their organization struggle when it comes to CIP in their supply chain. With so many moving parts of logistics, it may seem like an impossible or daunting task.
Other executives may feel like they have a good hold on their logistics processes but are unaware that partnering with a Logistics Solutions Provider (LSP) may put them lightyears ahead of where they imagined they could be.
Questions to consider:
- Does your CS team have quick access to know where every shipment is at any given time?
- Do freight bills ever delay your financials?
- Do you have easy access to your complete freight spend so that you can make key decisions based on real and accurate data?
- If you have lost, damaged, or missing freight, do you have an effective process that gets to the root cause and provides consistent and proactive solutions?
- How do the different departments within your company interact regarding logistics? Is there positive collaboration?
Can you confidently answer all of these questions, or do you feel there may be some room for improvement? Could you use industry experts to understand your unique challenges and offer custom solutions? Is your Transportation Management System (TMS) being fully utilized to provide you with real and accurate data?
If you can confidently answer all of these questions, then give yourself a pat on the back! Or maybe you’re almost there but you need just a little help and direction to get you closer to that 100% mark. We’re here to help if you have any questions at all!
Looking to increase productivity, control costs and have all the proper tools for management of your logistics needs at your fingertips? Register now for a 30-minute demo!